YOUR CONTRACT is with Bismillah Hajj & Umrah Ltd (registered in England no 06598162), trading and referred to hereunder as Islamic School Tours (IST), First Floor Office, 72 Brick Lane, London, E1 6RL.
- YOUR TOUR CONTRACT: When you make a booking you guarantee that you have the authority to accept and do accept on behalf of your group the terms of these booking conditions. A contract will exist as soon as we issue our confirmation invoice. This contract is made on the terms of these booking conditions, which are governed by English Law, and the jurisdiction of the English Courts. You may however, choose the law and jurisdiction of Scotland or Northern Ireland if you wish to do so.
- YOUR FINANCIAL PROTECTION: The Package Travel, Package Holidays and Package Tours Regulations 1992 require us to provide security for the monies that you pay for your tour and for your repatriation in the event of our insolvency. We provide this security by way of an ATOL (number 9908) administered by the Civil Aviation Authority.When you buy an ATOL protected air holiday package from us you will receive a Confirmation Invoice from us confirming your arrangements and your protection under our Air Travel Organisers Licence number 9908. In the unlikely event of our insolvency, the CAA will ensure that you are not stranded abroad and will arrange to refund any money you have paid to us for an advance booking. For further information visit the ATOL website at www.atol.org.uk
YOUR TOUR COST
- We reserve the right to alter the prices of any of the tour arrangements subject to supplier terms and conditions. You will be advised of the current price of the tour arrangements that you wish to book before your contract is confirmed.
- When you make your booking you must pay a deposit of 20% per person. Certain suppliers terms may require a higher deposit to cover their services at the point of sale (e.g. low cost carriers) â?” this will be communicated in your offer correspondence. The balance of the price of your travel arrangements must be paid at least 8 weeks before your departure date. If the deposit and/or balance is not paid in time, we shall cancel your travel arrangements. If the balance is not paid in time we shall retain your deposit. The price of your travel arrangements was calculated using exchange rates quoted in the Financial Times Guide to World Currencies on 1 September 2009 in relation to the following currencies:Euro £1 = 1.1344
US Dollar £1 = 1.6226
- Changes in transportation costs, including the cost of fuel, dues, taxes or fees chargeable for services such as landing taxes or embarkation or disembarkation fees at ports and at airports and exchange rates mean that the price of your travel arrangements may change after you have booked. However there will be no change within 30 days of your departure. We will absorb and you will not be charged for any increase equivalent to 2% of the price of your travel arrangements, which excludes insurance premiums and any amendment charges. You will be charged for the amount over and above that, plus an administration charge of Â£1.00 per person. If this means that you have to pay an increase of more than 10% of the price of your travel arrangements, you will have the option of accepting a change to another tour if we are able to offer one (if this is of equivalent or higher quality you will not have to pay more but if it is of lower quality you will be refunded the difference in price), or cancelling and receiving a full refund of all monies paid, except for any amendment charges. We will consider an appropriate refund of insurance premiums paid if you can show that you are unable to transfer or reuse your policy. Should you decide to cancel for this reason, you must exercise your right to do so within 14 days from the issue date printed on your final invoice. Should the price of your holiday go down due to the changes mentioned above, by more than 2% of your holiday cost, then any refund due will be paid to you. However, please note that travel arrangements are not always purchased in local currency and some apparent changes have no impact on the price of your travel due to contractual and other protection in place.
- IF YOU CHANGE YOUR BOOKING: If, after our confirmation invoice has been issued, you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way, for example your chosen departure date, accommodation or group numbers, we will do our utmost to make these changes for you but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes to be made must be in writing from the group leader who made the booking. You will be asked to pay an administration charge of Â£25 per change, and any further cost we incur in making this alteration. You should be aware that these costs could increase the closer to the departure date that changes are made and you should contact us as soon as possible. Note: Certain travel arrangements (e.g. low cost carrier air tickets) may not be changeable after a reservation has been made and any alteration request could incur a cancellation charge of up to 100% of that part of the arrangements.
- IF YOU CANCEL YOUR TOUR: You, or any member of your party, may cancel your travel arrangements at any time. Written notification from the group leader must be received at our offices. Since we incur costs in cancelling your travel arrangements, you will have to pay the applicable cancellation charges up to the maximum shown in clause 6. Note: If the reason for your cancellation is covered under the terms of your insurance policy, you may be able to reclaim these charges. If any cancellation brings the number of tour participants below the minimum level required to achieve a given price and/or concessionary places, then the tour price payable and concessions due will be adjusted accordingly. Any amendment charges made are non refundable in event of subsequent cancellation. You may be able to transfer the place to another person subject to the terms and conditions of the supplier(s) involved. Where possible this may incur an additional cost , which will be passed on from our suppliers as well as a Â£25 per change administration charge, which will be required to be paid before the transfer can take place â?” details of any changes of this nature will also be required in writing.
- IF WE CHANGE OR CANCEL YOUR TOUR: It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements, but we do plan the arrangements many months in advance. Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. Most of these changes will be minor and we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date. We also reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements. For example, if the minimum number of clients required for a particular travel arrangement is not reached, we may have to cancel it. However, we will not cancel your travel arrangements within 6 weeks of your departure date, except for reasons of force majeure or failure by you to pay the final balance. If we are unable to provide the booked travel arrangements, you can either have a refund of all monies paid or accept an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable standard from us, if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value). If it is necessary to cancel your travel arrangements, we will pay to you compensation as set out in this clause.If we make a major change to your holiday, we will inform you as soon as reasonably possible if there is time before your departure. You will have the choice of either accepting the change of arrangements, accepting an offer of alternative travel arrangements of comparable standard from us if available (we will refund any price difference if the alternative is of a lower value), or cancelling your booked holiday and receiving a full refund of all monies paid. In all cases, except where the major change arises due to reasons of force majeure, we will pay compensation as detailed below:
|If we make a major change to your holiday:||If we cancel your holiday:||If you cancel your holiday:|
|Period before departure within which notice of Cancellation or major change is received by us or notified to you||amount you will receive from us||amount you will receive from us||amount of cancellation charge|
|More than 56 days||Zero||Deposit only||Deposit only|
|Between 29 -56 days||£5||100% of holiday cost||60% of holiday cost|
|Between 15-28 days||£10||100% of holiday cost||80% of holiday cost|
|Less than 14 days||£15||100% of holiday cost||100% of holiday cost|
- The compensation that we offer does not exclude you from claiming more if you are entitled to do so. Force Majeure: We will not pay you compensation if we have to cancel or change your travel arrangements in any way because of unusual or unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control. These can include, for example, war, riot, industrial dispute, terrorist activity and its consequences, natural or nuclear disaster, fire, adverse weather conditions, epidemics and pandemics, unavoidable technical problems with transport.
- IF YOU HAVE A COMPLAINT: If you have a problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier (e.g. your hotelier) and our local ground handlers immediately who will endeavour to put things right. If you feel your issue is not resolved to your satisfaction you must call our Head office where our staff are able to assist 24/7 If you complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to us at First Floor Offices Brookside Business Estate London Road Spellbrook Herts CM23 4AU giving your booking reference and all other relevant information. Please keep your letter concise and to the point. This will assist us to quickly identify your concerns and speed up our response to you. It is strongly recommended that you communicate any complaint to the supplier of the services in question without delay and complete a report form locally. If you fail to follow this simple procedure we will have been deprived of the opportunity to investigate and rectify your complaint whilst you were in resort and this may affect your rights under this contract.
- OUR LIABILITY TO YOU: If the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed by us or our suppliers we will pay you appropriate compensation if this has affected the enjoyment of your travel arrangements. However we will not be liable where any failure in the performance of the contract is due to: you; or a third party unconnected with the provision of the travel arrangements and where the failure is unforeseeable or unavoidable; or unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised; or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall. Our liability will also be limited in accordance with and/or in an identical manner to
- The contractual terms of the companies that provide the transportation for your travel arrangements. These terms are incorporated into this contract; and
- Any relevant international convention, for example the Montreal Convention in respect of travel by air, the Athens Convention in respect of travel by sea, the Berne Convention in respect of travel by rail and the Paris Convention in respect of the provision of accommodation, which limit the amount of compensation that you can claim for death, injury, delay to passengers and loss, damage and delay to luggage. We are to be regarded as having all benefit of any limitation of compensation contained in these or any conventions
You can ask for copies of the transport companies’ contractual terms, or the international conventions, from our offices at First Floor Offices Brookside Business Estate London Road Spellbrook Herts CM23 4AU. Under EU law (Regulation 261/2004) you have rights in some circumstances to refunds and/or compensation from your airline in cases of denied boarding, cancellation or delay to flights. Full details of these rights will be publicised at EU airports and will also be available from airlines. However reimbursement in such cases will not automatically entitle you to a refund of your holiday cost from us. Your right to a refund and/or compensation from us is set out in clause 6. If any payments to you are due from us, any payment made to you by the airline will be deducted from this amount. If your airline does not comply with these rules you should complain to the Air Transport Users’ Council on 020 7240 6061 www.auc.org.uk
- PROMPT ASSISTANCE IN RESORT: if the contract we have with you is not performed or is improperly performed as a result of failures attributable to a third party unconnected with the provision of the services, or as a result of failures due to unusual and unforeseeable circumstances beyond our control, the consequences of which could not have been avoided even if all due care had been exercised, or an event which we or our suppliers, even with all due care, could not foresee or forestall, and you suffer an injury or other material loss, we will offer you such prompt assistance as is reasonable in the circumstances.
- PASSPORT, VISA AND IMMIGRATION REQUIREMENTS: Your specific passport and visa requirements, and other immigration requirements are your responsibility and you should confirm these with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. We do not accept any responsibility if you cannot travel because you have not complied with any passport, visa or immigration requirements. The Group Leader is responsible for the group obtaining all passport and visa documentation.
- EXCURSIONS: Excursions or other tours that you may choose to book or pay for whilst you are on tour are not part of your tour arrangements provided by us.
- GROUP LEADER RESPONSIBILITIES: It is the responsibility of the person who signs the booking conditions (Group Leader) to ensure that the group behaves responsibly and with consideration for others at all times. The Group Leader also accepts full responsibility for any loss or damages caused by themselves and/or any group member. In both of these cases any charges passed on by our suppliers will need to be met in full by the group directly. The group leader is responsible for ensuring all tour documentation (including payments) is completed accurately and on time, any charges passed on by our suppliers due to nonconformity of this clause, will be passed on to the group (e.g. name changes due to spelling error). In addition late documentation/ payment may lead to a delay in the production of tour documentation and/or tickets. The Group Leader is also responsible for ensuring the group allows sufficient time to meet the starting point of their tour at the correct scheduled departure.
- INSURANCE: Adequate travel insurance is essential for any group travelling with IST, therefore you must ensure that the group is suitably covered either via ourselves or a third party (in the latter case, an indemnity form will be required for our records).
- SPECIAL REQUESTS AND MEDICAL CONDITIONS: You are required to inform us of any special requests, medical conditions or disabilities from the outset of your booking and clearly detail this in writing. There may on occasion be an additional cost for these services and these costs will be passed on to the group together with an administration fee of Â£25. We will pass any requests on to our suppliers but in some cases these will not be possible or indicated as requests only, in which case we will do our utmost to provide these but cannot guarantee their provision unless confirmed to you in writing and the relevant fee paid. We will advise of any costs incurred as soon as we are made aware of these. In some cases we may not be able to accommodate the particular requests and reserve the right to decline such requests.In accordance with EU Regulation 2111/2005 we are required to advise you of the actual carrier operating your flight/connecting flight/transfer.. Any changes to the actual airline after you have received your tickets will be notified to you as soon as possible and in all cases at check-in or at the boarding gate. Such a change is deemed to be a minor change. Other examples of minor changes include alteration of your outward/return flights by less than 12 hours, changes to aircraft type, change of accommodation to another of the same standard.
These booking conditions cover both our brochure and on line promotions and the tours are our responsibility, as your tour operator. It is not issued on behalf of, and does not commit the airlines mentioned herein or any airline whose services are used in the course of your travel arrangements. Please note that in accordance with Air Navigation Orders in order to qualify for infant status, a child must be under 2 years of age on the date of its return flight.
These booking conditions were published September, 2013